Back home from surfing in France. I’ll miss the beach and the Atlantic, I’m happy to be back home though as well and back with my family.
Somehow I always get the blues on vacation because I think I’ll miss something back home or that something has happened. Boo! Vacation is there to relax!
Surfing went well, again, my board was the prettiest on the whole beach 😉 It’s a pretty pink & white mini malibu from H.S.A.. This year we had quite a few days with no waves at all so we rented bikes on one day and a SUP the other day. Riding a SUP is ok, I can imagine it’s quite boring to do it NOT on the ocean but a lake.
I went “sea-shell-hunting” each morning and came back with a lot, but also with about 10kg of stones :). It’s like an addiction. I love finding sea shells (and pretty stones).
Bye bye beach, I can’t wait to find more sea-shells next year!
Food was great, we went out to eat three times, I had “moules” which are yum and a lot of wine. I also tried a lot of french pastries this year which are very yum!
Oh yeah! I can’t wait to be at the beach, surf a few waves, have sunshine and warm weather. After all the rain and coldness here I’m really really looking forward to this vacation!
A few days ago I had my first strength measurement. I gained a few kilos of strenght almost at every machine
- row: May 11: 29,4kg – Jun 28: 29,4kg = +0 kg 🙁
- ab crunch: May 11: 22,7kg – Jun 28: 26,7kg = +4 kg
- leg curl: May 11: 21,1kg – Jun 28: 29,4kg = +8,3 kg
- chest press: May 11: 23,9kg – Jun 28: 27,3kg = +3,4 kg
- back extension: May 11: 31kg – Jun 28: 44,3kg = +13,3 kg
- leg extension: May 11: 22,9kg – Jun 28: 32,3kg = +9,4 kg
- lat pull: May 11: 26kg – Jun 28: 32,7kg = +6,7 kg
- glutaeus: May 11: 16,4kg – Jun 28: 29,1kg = +12,7 kg
How motivating is that to see how you gain muscle?! VERY! I’m kinda happy with my first milestone I set myself, of course my belly fat is still there but I’m pretty sure it will take me months to get rid of that (IF I get rid of it).
I did reach most of the goals I set though:
My goals for each week:
work out at least 3 times during the week check – mon/tue/thu are my work-out days
work out 1 or 2 times on the weekend check
- cut down on sweets – not sure if I can check this 😉
on sundays, go to the gym in the morning before (the big) breakfast check – if I have nothing else planned
don’t pig out on weekends check
ride the bike to work as often as possible the days it didn’t rain and where it wasn’t freezing cold I took the bike
- get informed about
interval training and pre-/post-workout foods – need to check on the foods
in the strength circuit, increase weight every week or every two weeks increased
- at the gym after a working day, try to lose all the calories I’ve eaten up until the workout – nope, not possible when I only do strength training
I might take my running shoes and thera-bands with on vacation, maybe.