Tags: chest press, cross trainer, fat, fitness check, gym, leg press, muscle, treadmill
So, after our move out of the big city into a little one and after getting everything more or less settled, it was time for me to join a new gym.
I’ve been a member at my old gym for about 2,5 years, the last time I’ve been to it was in August 2015 and I joined the new one in beginning of December 2015. So that have been three months with no sports at all and I was really missing all the machines, lifting weights and the smell of sweat 🙂
My belly is still quite big, I’m not sure if it’s from the pregnancy or from the c-section or from the weight I put on while being pregnant.
My plan for the first eight weeks:
- 15-20 x 53kg leg press
- 15-20 x 30kg abductor
- 15-20 x 15kg row
- 15-20 x 15kg chest press
- 15-20 x “back sit-ups”
- 15-20 x 25kg carcass-turning
- 45 minutes jogging on the treadmill or cross trainer
It feels so good to go to the gym again, also if some of my gym pants are so tight. At least they fit.
Plus I had a Fitness Check which didn’t turn out bad at all.
It shows my
- body fat 11,0 kg
- right leg fat: 2,8 kg
- right leg muscle: 6,4 kg
- left leg fat: 2,8 kg
- left leg muscle: 6,1 kg
- right arm fat: 0,5 kg
- right arm muscle: 1,8 kg
- left arm fat: 0,5 kg
- left arm muscle: 1,7 kg
- carcass fat: 4,5 kg
- carcass muscle: 22 kg
We’ll see how this all develops the next weeks and months.
My BMI at the moment is at 20.
I try to work out on Mondays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, seeing my boyfriend can watch our son then. Unfortunately the gym doesn’t have a child care but till now it works out just fine without. Let’s see how things work out 🙂
Tags: hiit, treadmill
My heart rate during HIIT
How I do it
- 5-minute warmup at around 8 or 9km/h (5 or 5.6mp/h)
- 30 second sprint between 15 and 16 km/h (9.3 and 9.9mph). I usually start at 16 km/h and go down each sprint.
- 30 second pause (I let the treadmill go fast while I lift my body up with my arms and spread my legs to each side of the treadmill)
- all in all 10 times sprinting
- after 14 minutes 30 seconds the cooldown begins
- 5 minutes 30 seconds cooldown at 9 to 7km/h (5.6 to 4.4mp/h)
I do 30/30 sec. because it’s easy to monitor, you sprint/pause at either a half or a full minute.
Why I prefer HIIT on the treadmill
- you sweat, a lot!
- after every sprint you are so looking forward to the next 30 second pause
- the 20 minutes go by fast
- it’s short
- it’s not as boring as running a constant speed all the time (running on a treadmill is sooo boring)
- it’s exhausting
- it’s a short effective training
- I love the sweat!
- I love being out of breath!
I always monitor my pulse which goes down to around 85% – 88% of my max. heart rate after each sprint. My top rate is between 95% and 99% for a few seconds. If I make a pause of one minute my heart rate goes down to about 70%.
When I go jogging outside I sometimes do some sprints, sometimes not.
Tags: body pump, circle training, hiit, rain, treadmill
18:00 – 18:50: Body Pump
18:50 – 19:20: Strength Circuit & Workout
19:20 – 19:40: HIIT Treadmill (4 min warmup at 9kmh, 30 sek at 13-16 kmh, 1 min break, repeat 10 times, 4 min cooldown)
And it’s raining, raining, raining, raining….
Tags: Belly-Legs-Tushy, body pump, bodystyling, circle training, cross trainer, gymweek, hiit, pilates, step, strenght circle, treadmill
Last week I’ve been to the gym four times:
- Monday: 1,5 hours – Body Pump 50 min, Strength Circle 24 min & 20 min Treadmill
- Thursday: Warmup, Strength Circle, Back training 60 min, Aerobics 45 min, HIIT Treadmill 20 min
- Friday: Crosstrainer 30 min, Strength Circle & Bodystyling 50 min
- Saturday: Step 30 min, Belly-Legs-Tushy 45 min, Pilates 45 min
Sport I did outside the gym
- Tuesday: 35km bike ride, 40 min jogging in the forest (5km)
- Sunday: 45 minutes strength & cardio, 10 minutes ab-training
Tags: aerobics, circle, cross trainer, hiit, movies, popcorn, spinal, strength training, treadmill
- 15:20 – 15:30: Cross-Trainer
- 15:30 – 15:54: Strength Circuit
- 16:00 – 17:00: spinal excercise
- 17:00 – 17:45: Aerobics
- 17:45 – 18:05: HIIT Treadmill
Calories lost: 820
Today is the first time I showered at the gym. Wasn’t all that weird. We’re going to the movies to see Oblivion in half an hour. Can’t wait to snuggle up in that cinema chair, eat some popcorn and watch a movie 🙂
Tags: barbell, body pump, calories, circle training, dinner, gym, power dumbell, treadmill
- 18:00 – 18:50: Body Pump (Bench Press, Pullover, Upright Row, Military Press, Biceps Curl, Triceps Extension, Good Morning, Deadlift, Squat) – http://www.barbell-exercises.com
- 19:00 – 19:24: Circle Training (strength circuit)
- 19:30 – 19:50: Treadmill HIIT
Calories lost: 616
And here’s my dinner for tonight