Tags: jogging, running
In my opinion, one of the sport activities where you see the success very fast, is jogging. I don’t mean “body-success”, but efficiency.
The weather here has been quite nice, no rain or snow, the temperature over 0°C in the mornings, so I decided to start my season of jogging again. The only difference to my last years of jogging is that I’m jogging with a baby in a stroller now
I’m happy we decided to buy a jogging stroller and I’m happy I can do sports with my baby boy. I started exactly one week ago and went jogging on Tuesday and Saturday, 4km. And again today, Tuesday, 5km.
It’s amazing that I ran 4 km last week in 37:26 minutes and today I ran 5 km in 35:29 minutes. 2 minutes faster and one kilometer more! Kilometer 4 and 5 are running up a hill, 37 meter difference.
4 km run
5 km run
I was very happy with my results today (plus my baby boy fell asleep pretty early) and it was hard for me to believe that I could have kept running and even so much faster that last week.
So, keep on running!
Tags: 10 months, back-formation, belly, binky, breastfeed, c-section, gym, linea nigra, postpartum, quinn, weight
How much do I weigh: 50,5 kg – stays pretty much the same
How much does Quinn weigh: around 8 kg
Belly size: Still eating too many sweets… I can’t stop either. My excuse is all the rough nights of not very much sleep Wow, it really seems like my belly doesn’t change at all. I have eight weeks strength-endurance behind me and am building muscle now for the next ten weeks. Let’s see if my belly changes in 8-12 weeks…
Sleep: Not that good. He used to come at 21:30, then 0:00 continuing about every two hours. I skipped one breastfeeding meal and he came every three hours the last week. Since about three nights he switches, once he comes after two hours, I feed him, then he sleeps three hours. Currently he’s in a phase where he’s wide awake in the middle of the night and it takes me 15-30 minutes to get him back to sleep. Today he woke up at 4:30 and we got up at 5:30 *sigh*.
Symptoms: Still have the yeast infection after every period since giving birth due to a lack of vaginal flora and about a week ago I made a 6-day therapy with uvulas.
Maternity clothes: Not anymore.
Miss anything: Still sleep at times
- Quinn makes peek-a-boo
- I still breastfeed during the night
- He eats with us while sitting in his highchair
- He is sleeping in his own bed in his own room
- Falling asleep works very well, I sing “you are my sunshine” and “I only want to be with you” while he’s in my arms, put him down after and he either plays a bit with his sheet or binky or is sleeping already
- He started saying Mamamamama, sometimes only Mama
- Once, in his lifetime of 10 months on this planet, he fell asleep on his belly
- We visited a Baby-concert
Sports: I got a new trainings-plan for building muscles and had my second fitness check at the new gym.
Tags: barbell, body fat, cardio, fat, fitness check, fitnesscheck, gym, muscle, strength training
My plan for the next ten weeks:
- squats one-legged: 3 x 8-12
- barbell row: 3 x 8-12 x 10/10 kg
- flat dumbbell bench press: 3 x 8-12 x 7,5/7,5 kg
- lat pull: 3 x 8-12 x 30 kg
- dumbbells arnold press: 3 x 8-12 x 5/5 kg
- biceps curl: 3 x 8-12 x 5/5 kg
- crunches on ball, sitting: 3 x 15-20
- crunches with legs on ball: 3 x 8-12 kg
- max 30 minutes jogging on the treadmill or cross trainer
My body fat & muscle measured Jan 29th 2016 vs. Nov 30th 2015:
- body fat: 9,9 kg (-1,1 kg)
- right leg fat: 2,6 kg (-0,2 kg)
- right leg muscle: 6,4 kg (same)
- left leg fat: 2,6 kg (-0,2 kg)
- left leg muscle: 6,2 kg (+0,1 kg)
- right arm fat: 0,4 kg (-0,1 kg)
- right arm muscle: 1,8 kg (same)
- left arm fat: 0,4 kg (-0,1 kg)
- left arm muscle: 1,8 kg (+0,1 kg)
- carcass fat: 3,8 kg (-0,7 kg)
- carcass muscle: 22,2 kg (+0,2 kg)
My BMI at the moment is 19,6.
I’m happy to see an improvement after doing strength-endurance. I hope I’ll build more muscle now but I’m very happy with the fat I lost in my carcass – bye-bye belly fat, it was nice having you but now I’m hoping to get rid of you.
In the last eight weeks I went to the gym 29 times and switched between strength-endurance and cardio.