Seeing I have a bit time until our baby comes I had to make a maternity-leave todo list to not just sit around everyday, so here it is:
- Pack my hospital bag
- Make a list with questions/notes I have to take with into the delivery room
- Get informed and buy a dryer
- Buy a folder for all the papers concerning the pregnancy/birth/baby
- Drive to IKEA and just look around, not on a Saturday and not with 1 Mio. people doing the same thing
- Buy things we are missing in our household
- Get informed about Baby’s insurance
- Wash the bathroom carpet
- Wash and dry the baby clothes and toys
- Clean the washing machine and the dishwasher
- Dust the high kitchen shelves (without falling)
- Go through my closet and throw out clothes I never wear
- Go through my bathroom shelves and through out the stuff I never use
- Clean the fridge and freezer
- Have a brunch and wellness day with my mom
- Make a cost calculation
- Drive to the urban district I love but haven’t been in ages
- Go out for breakfast, coffee and cake more
- Explore the city we live in
- Make a first-aid course for babies/kids
- Have a pedicure
- Make an appointment with my midwife
- Meet with friends and family
I’m starting my maternity leave at 32 weeks pregnant.
baby bump weeks 8 – 32
Now the belly I’ve had before pregnancy doesn’t seem so big anymore
How far along: 31 weeks 6 days
How much do I weigh: 56,9 kg (+ 8,1 kg)
Belly size: I am trying to eat more to gain more weight. Yesterday eve I ate two big plates with spaghetti and a veggie-tomatoe sauce and had ice-cream for dessert :)
Belly button in or out:
Baby Bump Week 32 – 31w6d
It’s coming out a bit, a tiny bit
Pretty good, getting/waking up once (not) every night
Food (non) cravings:
My Birthday 2015 – I’m 31 weeks and 2 days pregnant :)
One pair of jeans is getting a bit too tight around my belly so now I have exactly one pair of pants which still fit good without giving me trouble breathing. Let’s see how long.
I’m feeling good and everything is pretty fine so I’m not missing anything yet.
Looking forward to:
I’m looking forward to not getting up early on Monday morning to go to work
Best happenings this week:
- Sunday: Had a lovely birthday-baby-shower-brunch
- Monday: Had a lovely 33rd birthday. I didn’t go to work so in the morning I baked some cupcakes, then the boyfriend and I had a lovely breakfast and went for a nice walk in the early afternoon. It was very sunny so we stopped at a coffee shop and had coffee and cake. In the eve we went out for dinner.
- Tuesday: On Tuesday I had my second prenatal class. We learned about contractions and when we should drive to the hospital.
- On Wednesday I baked some more cupcakes which I all brought to work on Thursday to celebrate my birthday and maternity leave.
- Friday: I had my last day of work for this year
Movement: Lots! His feet are kicking the right side of my uterus
Gender: Baby-Boy Bruno
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy and getting more and more excited for the baby to come
Sports: Not allowed at the moment
Happy Birthday to me, I’m turning thirty-threeee
On Sunday I invited my mom and sisters for a lovely brunch and I got some useful presents for baby-boy Bruno and me. It was a lovely day, we had good food – lots of fruit, good bread, sausage, eggs, marmalade… and after the brunch the bubby and I looked at a very nice house to rent. We didn’t take it though seeing a big street was right next to it and that’s too dangerous for kids (I thought) – he thought it’s probably too noisy.
On my birthday, Monday the 19th, I took a day off of work and bubby and me went for a nice walk, had coffee and cake, looked at the stroller we ordered and in the evening we went out to eat.
I had my second prenatal class this week and we learned about contractions, it was quite interesting, of course
The evenings I spent baking. As it is my last week of work before my maternity leave, I’m bringing American goodies to work.
cupcakes & doughnuts
Ah, I love to bake cute things like that!