My plan for the next ten weeks:
- squats one-legged: 3 x 8-12
- barbell row: 3 x 8-12 x 10/10 kg
- flat dumbbell bench press: 3 x 8-12 x 7,5/7,5 kg
- lat pull: 3 x 8-12 x 30 kg
- dumbbells arnold press: 3 x 8-12 x 5/5 kg
- biceps curl: 3 x 8-12 x 5/5 kg
- crunches on ball, sitting: 3 x 15-20
- crunches with legs on ball: 3 x 8-12 kg
- max 30 minutes jogging on the treadmill or cross trainer
My body fat & muscle measured Jan 29th 2016 vs. Nov 30th 2015:
- body fat: 9,9 kg (-1,1 kg)
- right leg fat: 2,6 kg (-0,2 kg)
- right leg muscle: 6,4 kg (same)
- left leg fat: 2,6 kg (-0,2 kg)
- left leg muscle: 6,2 kg (+0,1 kg)
- right arm fat: 0,4 kg (-0,1 kg)
- right arm muscle: 1,8 kg (same)
- left arm fat: 0,4 kg (-0,1 kg)
- left arm muscle: 1,8 kg (+0,1 kg)
- carcass fat: 3,8 kg (-0,7 kg)
- carcass muscle: 22,2 kg (+0,2 kg)
My BMI at the moment is 19,6.
I’m happy to see an improvement after doing strength-endurance. I hope I’ll build more muscle now but I’m very happy with the fat I lost in my carcass – bye-bye belly fat, it was nice having you but now I’m hoping to get rid of you.
In the last eight weeks I went to the gym 29 times and switched between strength-endurance and cardio.
They say a pregnancy goes 9 months and it takes 9 months for the body to get back to normal. My belly is still there and I’m pretty sure it will take a couple of months at least to have a flatter belly.
I started working out again at 8 months after my pregnancy so I’ll keep posting about my belly and see how it turns out.
How far along: 9 monts after Quinn’s birth
How much do I weigh: 50,5 kg (+1,7 kg from my before pregnancy weight – my goal is to reach 50 kg)
How much does Quinn weigh: around 7,5 kg
Belly size: It looks pretty much the same like in the 4 months after my c-section post, maybe even a bit bigger. I haven’t been eating too well and I eat way too much sweets 🙁 The middle photo shows very nicely that my belly muscles are still not completely together and how my belly is curved to the outside. I’d say I look about 16 weeks pregnant.
Sleep: Since about September, so when Quinn was around 5 months old, my (and his) sleep has gotten worse. He still sleeps in our bedroom and comes every 1 to 2 hours.
Symptoms: Sorry, but I want to post this for my records: a yeast infection after every period since giving birth due to a lack of vaginal flora. I told my gyn about that in December and now I have to take uvulas after every period to build up my flora and if that doesn’t help I have to take three uvulas against the yeast infection. Let’s see how long that lasts… You can still see my Linea nigra, too.
Maternity clothes: I sometimes still wear my smallest maternity jeans but mostly I wear my normal pants and tops.
Miss anything: Sleep at times
(Best) happenings: Wow, a lot has happened the last few months (my last post was 4 months after my c-section, I totally forgot all the others…
- Quinn has six teeth, two below and four on the top
- He gets mush at noon, in the afternoon and in the evening
- I still breastfeed during the night and in the mornings
- I have the feeling I’ll breastfeed forever, it seems Quinn doesn’t get enough!
- Quinn’s room is pretty much done decorated
- He broke the changing table while stomping with his legs 🙂
- Quinn was sick once with fever and a cold, it took about three days for him to feel good again
- We all had a stomach flu right before Christmas
- Quinn started rolling around from belly to back and from back to belly at 7 months
- He loves to take his binky and his on objects to make noise
Sports: I started lifting weights and doing strength cardio the beginning of December 2015.
My plan for the first eight weeks:
- 15-20 x 53kg leg press
- 15-20 x 30kg abductor
- 15-20 x 15kg row
- 15-20 x 15kg chest press
- 15-20 x “back sit-ups”
- 15-20 x 25kg carcass-turning
- 45 minutes jogging on the treadmill or cross trainer
On May 13th I started my gym workout!
On May 11th I had my first supervised training with a coach!
On May 8th I joined the gym!
I’ve been to following group courses:
- Body Pump (strength)
- Bodystyling (strength)
- WBS (Pilates-Style, strength)
- Zumba (cardio)
- TRX (strength)
- Dance (cardio)
- Belly-Legs-Tushy (strength)
- Step (cardio)
My favorites are: Body Pump, TRX, Belly-Legs-Tushy and Step
Machines I use in the strength circuit (8 machines a 30 seconds a 20 reps, 2 rounds) :
- row: 14kg (started with 13kg) +1
- ab crunch: 14kg (started with 12kg) +2
- leg curl: 14kg (started with 10kg) +4
- chest press: 13kg (started with 11kg) +2
- back extension: 24kg (started with 16kg) +8
- leg extension: 11kg (started with 7kg) +4
- lat pull: 19kg (started with 10kg) +9
- glutaeus: 13kg (started with 11kg) +2
- hip abduction: 20kg
I feel good! I feel how my whole body is getting harder. My abs and especially my arms! I’m happy I joined, I’m really enjoying the gym, I never thought I would.
- 10:45 – 11:30: Belly-Legs-Tushy
- 11:30 – 11:35: Hip Abduction
- 11:40 – 12:04: Strength Circuit
- 12:05 – 12:20: TRX
- 14:00 – 14:35: 5km HIIT jog
Calories lost: 331 at the gym and 356 while jogging
Last week was busy, therefore I only went to the gym three times.
- Monday: 1,5 hours – Body Pump 50 min, Strength Circuit 24 min & 20 min HIIT Treadmill
- Tuesday: 2,5 hours – TRX 1 hour, Belly-Legs-Tushy 1 hour, Hip Abduction 10 min
- Sunday: 1,5 hours – Belly-Legs-Tushy, Hip Abduction, Strength Circuit, TRX
Sport I did outside the gym
- Thursday: 35km bike ride
- Sunday: 35 min jogging in the forest (5km)
- 15:20 – 15:30: Cross-Trainer
- 15:30 – 15:54: Strength Circuit
- 16:00 – 17:00: spinal excercise
- 17:00 – 17:45: Aerobics
- 17:45 – 18:05: HIIT Treadmill
Calories lost: 820
Today is the first time I showered at the gym. Wasn’t all that weird. We’re going to the movies to see Oblivion in half an hour. Can’t wait to snuggle up in that cinema chair, eat some popcorn and watch a movie 🙂
Last week I’ve been to the gym three times:
- Monday: 2,5 hours – mostly cardio, a little strength (Step 60 min & Bodystyling 60 min & Cross-Trainer 20 min)
- Tuesday: 2 hours – cardio & strength (Cross-Trainer 30 min & Circle Training 2 rounds 24 min & Belly-Legs-Tushy 60 min)
- Wednesday: PAUSE
- Thursday: 1,5 hours – cardio & strength (Step 60 min & Circle Training 24 min)
Here’s my belly after week 2
I hope I can go again at least four times this coming week again. We don’t have anything planned for the weekend, yet.