During my first pregnancy, there have been a few comments from others that worried me or just made me think “WTF?!”. Here are some where I just nodded and smiled (or not).
- I hope you’ll have a girl
That’s sweet, but why would you hope that and what is so bad about having a boy?
- Girls are so much less complicated
Thanks, we’re having a boy, what do you know about them?
- Aw, you’re having a boy? Well maybe the next one will be a girl.
I don’t know but I felt this is a rude thing to say. It’s like “yay, you’re pregnant, oh but damn, you’re pregnant with a boy, that sucks, I’m sorry you’re pregnant (with a boy).
- Wow, your belly is huge
What size should it have?
- When I was as far as you I was much smaller
That’s nice for you. I’m about two feet smaller and totally different built than you, so I guess every woman’s body may be different?
- You’ll never get your old body back
That word never, how much I dislike it!
- Anything concerning the way or what I eat
Let’s just keep it simple – I know I don’t have to eat for two and I know always eating healthy is the best thing you can do.
- Did you run up the stairs? Are you running?
This goes to my bubby. No, I did not run up the 50 stairs to our apartment and no, I’m not running for a walk. I’m just carrying about 25+ more pounds than usual which makes me breathe harder than usual. Why do you always ask me that?!
To be continued, maybe…