Tags: barbell, body fat, cardio, fat, fitness check, fitnesscheck, gym, muscle, strength training
My plan for the next ten weeks:
- squats one-legged: 3 x 8-12
- barbell row: 3 x 8-12 x 10/10 kg
- flat dumbbell bench press: 3 x 8-12 x 7,5/7,5 kg
- lat pull: 3 x 8-12 x 30 kg
- dumbbells arnold press: 3 x 8-12 x 5/5 kg
- biceps curl: 3 x 8-12 x 5/5 kg
- crunches on ball, sitting: 3 x 15-20
- crunches with legs on ball: 3 x 8-12 kg
- max 30 minutes jogging on the treadmill or cross trainer
My body fat & muscle measured Jan 29th 2016 vs. Nov 30th 2015:
- body fat: 9,9 kg (-1,1 kg)
- right leg fat: 2,6 kg (-0,2 kg)
- right leg muscle: 6,4 kg (same)
- left leg fat: 2,6 kg (-0,2 kg)
- left leg muscle: 6,2 kg (+0,1 kg)
- right arm fat: 0,4 kg (-0,1 kg)
- right arm muscle: 1,8 kg (same)
- left arm fat: 0,4 kg (-0,1 kg)
- left arm muscle: 1,8 kg (+0,1 kg)
- carcass fat: 3,8 kg (-0,7 kg)
- carcass muscle: 22,2 kg (+0,2 kg)
My BMI at the moment is 19,6.
I’m happy to see an improvement after doing strength-endurance. I hope I’ll build more muscle now but I’m very happy with the fat I lost in my carcass – bye-bye belly fat, it was nice having you but now I’m hoping to get rid of you.
In the last eight weeks I went to the gym 29 times and switched between strength-endurance and cardio.
Tags: back-formation, binky, breastfeed, c-section, cardio, cold, gym, linea nigra, lochia, postpartum, quinn, rolling, stomach flu, strength training, teeth, weight
They say a pregnancy goes 9 months and it takes 9 months for the body to get back to normal. My belly is still there and I’m pretty sure it will take a couple of months at least to have a flatter belly.
I started working out again at 8 months after my pregnancy so I’ll keep posting about my belly and see how it turns out.
How far along: 9 monts after Quinn’s birth
How much do I weigh: 50,5 kg (+1,7 kg from my before pregnancy weight – my goal is to reach 50 kg)
How much does Quinn weigh: around 7,5 kg
Belly size: It looks pretty much the same like in the 4 months after my c-section post, maybe even a bit bigger. I haven’t been eating too well and I eat way too much sweets 🙁 The middle photo shows very nicely that my belly muscles are still not completely together and how my belly is curved to the outside. I’d say I look about 16 weeks pregnant.
Sleep: Since about September, so when Quinn was around 5 months old, my (and his) sleep has gotten worse. He still sleeps in our bedroom and comes every 1 to 2 hours.
Symptoms: Sorry, but I want to post this for my records: a yeast infection after every period since giving birth due to a lack of vaginal flora. I told my gyn about that in December and now I have to take uvulas after every period to build up my flora and if that doesn’t help I have to take three uvulas against the yeast infection. Let’s see how long that lasts… You can still see my Linea nigra, too.
Maternity clothes: I sometimes still wear my smallest maternity jeans but mostly I wear my normal pants and tops.
Miss anything: Sleep at times
(Best) happenings: Wow, a lot has happened the last few months (my last post was 4 months after my c-section, I totally forgot all the others…
- Quinn has six teeth, two below and four on the top
- He gets mush at noon, in the afternoon and in the evening
- I still breastfeed during the night and in the mornings
- I have the feeling I’ll breastfeed forever, it seems Quinn doesn’t get enough!
- Quinn’s room is pretty much done decorated
- He broke the changing table while stomping with his legs 🙂
- Quinn was sick once with fever and a cold, it took about three days for him to feel good again
- We all had a stomach flu right before Christmas
- Quinn started rolling around from belly to back and from back to belly at 7 months
- He loves to take his binky and his on objects to make noise
Sports: I started lifting weights and doing strength cardio the beginning of December 2015.
My plan for the first eight weeks:
- 15-20 x 53kg leg press
- 15-20 x 30kg abductor
- 15-20 x 15kg row
- 15-20 x 15kg chest press
- 15-20 x “back sit-ups”
- 15-20 x 25kg carcass-turning
- 45 minutes jogging on the treadmill or cross trainer
Tags: bellyphoto, cardio, endurance training, gym week, gymweek, strength training
Last week I’ve been to the gym three times:
- Monday: 2,5 hours – mostly cardio, a little strength (Step 60 min & Bodystyling 60 min & Cross-Trainer 20 min)
- Tuesday: 2 hours – cardio & strength (Cross-Trainer 30 min & Circle Training 2 rounds 24 min & Belly-Legs-Tushy 60 min)
- Wednesday: PAUSE
- Thursday: 1,5 hours – cardio & strength (Step 60 min & Circle Training 24 min)
Here’s my belly after week 2
I hope I can go again at least four times this coming week again. We don’t have anything planned for the weekend, yet.