Tags: hiit, treadmill
My heart rate during HIIT
How I do it
- 5-minute warmup at around 8 or 9km/h (5 or 5.6mp/h)
- 30 second sprint between 15 and 16 km/h (9.3 and 9.9mph). I usually start at 16 km/h and go down each sprint.
- 30 second pause (I let the treadmill go fast while I lift my body up with my arms and spread my legs to each side of the treadmill)
- all in all 10 times sprinting
- after 14 minutes 30 seconds the cooldown begins
- 5 minutes 30 seconds cooldown at 9 to 7km/h (5.6 to 4.4mp/h)
I do 30/30 sec. because it’s easy to monitor, you sprint/pause at either a half or a full minute.
Why I prefer HIIT on the treadmill
- you sweat, a lot!
- after every sprint you are so looking forward to the next 30 second pause
- the 20 minutes go by fast
- it’s short
- it’s not as boring as running a constant speed all the time (running on a treadmill is sooo boring)
- it’s exhausting
- it’s a short effective training
- I love the sweat!
- I love being out of breath!
I always monitor my pulse which goes down to around 85% – 88% of my max. heart rate after each sprint. My top rate is between 95% and 99% for a few seconds. If I make a pause of one minute my heart rate goes down to about 70%.
When I go jogging outside I sometimes do some sprints, sometimes not.
Tags: body pump, circle training, hiit, rain, treadmill
18:00 – 18:50: Body Pump
18:50 – 19:20: Strength Circuit & Workout
19:20 – 19:40: HIIT Treadmill (4 min warmup at 9kmh, 30 sek at 13-16 kmh, 1 min break, repeat 10 times, 4 min cooldown)
And it’s raining, raining, raining, raining….
Tags: Belly-Legs-Tushy, body pump, bodystyling, circle training, cross trainer, gymweek, hiit, pilates, step, strenght circle, treadmill
Last week I’ve been to the gym four times:
- Monday: 1,5 hours – Body Pump 50 min, Strength Circle 24 min & 20 min Treadmill
- Thursday: Warmup, Strength Circle, Back training 60 min, Aerobics 45 min, HIIT Treadmill 20 min
- Friday: Crosstrainer 30 min, Strength Circle & Bodystyling 50 min
- Saturday: Step 30 min, Belly-Legs-Tushy 45 min, Pilates 45 min
Sport I did outside the gym
- Tuesday: 35km bike ride, 40 min jogging in the forest (5km)
- Sunday: 45 minutes strength & cardio, 10 minutes ab-training
Tags: aerobics, circle, cross trainer, hiit, movies, popcorn, spinal, strength training, treadmill
- 15:20 – 15:30: Cross-Trainer
- 15:30 – 15:54: Strength Circuit
- 16:00 – 17:00: spinal excercise
- 17:00 – 17:45: Aerobics
- 17:45 – 18:05: HIIT Treadmill
Calories lost: 820
Today is the first time I showered at the gym. Wasn’t all that weird. We’re going to the movies to see Oblivion in half an hour. Can’t wait to snuggle up in that cinema chair, eat some popcorn and watch a movie 🙂