Tags: 34 weeks, baby, baby bump, pregnancy
How far along: 33 weeks 6 days (Babys lungs might be done!! Only six more weeks!)
How much do I weigh: 57,8 kg (+9 kg = 19.84 pounds)
Belly size: It’s getting bigger, I feel it due to my normal panties getting tighter
Belly button in or out:
Baby Bump Week 34 – 33w6d
Still not out
Getting up once a night, I wake up when my bubby’s alarm goes off (or before). Sometimes I have trouble going back to sleep. I still can’t complain though 🙂
Food (non) cravings:
I’ve started drinking raspberry leaf tea, I’m not sure that it will shorten my labor but I like it and I need fluids anyway, so I might as well drink raspberry leafs. I’ve also been doing Perineal Massages for a week now… yeah…
- I’ve got a clogged nose which is quite exhausting
- Trouble breathing
- I don’t know if this is a pregnancy symptom or just my eyes in general but I can’t see things far away too good. I see them blurry, it’s quite bad.
Maternity clothes: Always. Everything seems to be getting tighter now though, everything on me seems to be getting bigger now. I think I need to go shopping again.
Stretch marks: Nope
Miss anything: I miss warm weather, because then I could just wear comfortable dresses. Everything I put on now is too tight, it seems. I’m already wearing my nightdresses which I actually bought for the hospital but they’re the most comfortable at the moment.
Looking forward to: A nice big brunch today with my mom and a live Jazz band.
Best happenings this week:
- Sunday: went for a one hour walk with my bubby and then drove out to my parents.
- Monday: had an OB appointment. Blood, urine and blood pressure are fine, CTG is good, my cervix is closed and the neck of my uterus didn’t shorten (yay) and is still at 3,8cm. I should still go easy on myself for the next two weeks and then, the doctor said, I can pretty much do what I want to do. My little man weighs around 1990g and is doing just fine.
- Wednesday: Cleaned the kitchen for hours (really cleaned it), worked a bit, continued packing my hospital bag(s). Wrote my birthplan. My bubby went for a few drinks that night so I made rice (we have sooo much rice!) with a pumpkin-sauce. Squash Risotto actually.
- Thursday: Cleaned the oven and fridge. In the eve we went to the civil registry office to father my bubby 🙂 (a lot of papers to fill out when you’re not married)
- Friday: Cleaned the dishwasher. Now it’s all shiny again. Didn’t feel that good due to my clogged nose and watering eyes and all the sneezing. We had pumpkin-soup and grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner. It’s the first time my bubby had a grilled cheese sandwich. We both had two 😀
- Saturday: Had coffee and breakfast and relaxed, then went for a walk and drove to friends at 18:00 to have raclette. Got home around midnight.
Movement: Lots and as he is getting bigger his movements start to hurt at times.
Gender: Baby-Boy Bruno
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy and sometimes moody (due to all the sneezing and nose running and eye tearing)
Sports: No gym. My OB doesn’t really want me going to the gym for another two weeks. So my plan on going to the gym until the end of my pregnancy is obsolete. I’ll pause until April 1st for now because I’ll probably be scared to go to the gym after my 37th week anyway because I’ll always be scared that my water will break while I’m on one of the machines 😀
Tags: 33 weeks, baby, baby bump, maternity leave, pregnancy
How far along: 32 weeks 6 days (only 7 more weeks!)
How much do I weigh: 57,5 kg (+ 8,7 kg)
Belly size: I don’t think it grew too much the last week
Belly button in or out:
Baby Bump Week 33 – 32w6d
It’s not sticking out, well, maybe a little on the top, especially after I’ve eaten.
I get up once a night and then I have trouble falling back to sleep. I wake up when the bubby gets up for work at 6am and am happy I can stay in bed. I normally get up between 8am and 9am.
Food (non) cravings:
I do prefer pickles now
- Contractions in the morning (at least I think that’s what it is – PMS similar cramps)
- I have to go to the toilet lots
And that’s about it I’d say
Maternity clothes: Always, but also bought some normal jogging pants in size S this week
Stretch marks: None
Miss anything: Last night in bed I though I’ll really miss my belly once the baby is born. When I see him moving in there I always have to smile. I’m constantly rubbing and touching it and I think that’s what I will miss two months from now. BUT – ask me in four weeks again 😀
Looking forward to: My next OB appointment tomorrow, I hope my cervix didn’t shorten
Best happenings this week: I’ve survived my first week of maternity leave and it was good. I have little todo tasks for almost every day so I always have a goal. I get up, drink my warm milk with coffee and do the household. I eat breakfast and surf the web. Then I slowly get ready to do my tasks.
- On Monday I bought a folder for all the documents concerning the baby and filed them, met with my mom and sister and niece Emmy to go for a walk, chat and have cake.
- Tuesday I packed some things into my hospital bag, made a list with all the important phone numbers and addresses which I hung next to the door and did other organizational things. I pre-cooked a meal for the evening (feta cheese in a casserole dish with chickpeas, tomatoes, carrots and lots of olive oil and veggie-burgers) which we ate after my prenatal class. This time we learned about the tear of the perineum and how to avoid it 😀
- Wednesday we had salmon with red lentils, it was very tasty. I went out to get some shopping done and came back four hours later. Quite exhausting. Now we finally have a working water cooker though.
- Thursday: the bubby left for work at around 5:30 am and I was awake quite some time before going back to sleep. Got up at around 8:15 am. I went for a 2 hour walk and picked up a book I ordered, went to the drugstore to get some magnesium, bought meat at the butcher, stopped at a bakery and the last stop was our local grocery store where I bought some ingredients for Friday eve’s dinner (and sweets for my hospital bag) – gnocchi with mushrooms, tomatoes, onions, ham, mozzarella and cream. Nom!
- Friday: Drove into the city at around noonish and got informed / bought a dryer. Yay! It’ll be here in about two weeks maybe. Met with the bubby after he finished work and we drove home together.
- Saturday: We went for a nice walk in the afternoon and then went out to eat at around 4:30pm. In the eve we watched “Dallas Buyers Club”. Nice relaxing day.
It’s fun “playing” the good wife for once and doing the household and cooking 🙂
Movement: A lot of hiccups. This is the first time I really feel him having the hiccups. Sometimes it feels like he’s stretching his body and pushing his head (or booty?) into my crotch. It’s a weird feeling and I just hope nothing of him will be looking out down there any time soon.
Gender: Baby-Boy Bruno
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy
Sports: Walks and Household 🙂
Tags: baby, maternity leave, pregnancy
Seeing I have a bit time until our baby comes I had to make a maternity-leave todo list to not just sit around everyday, so here it is:
- Pack my hospital bag
- Make a list with questions/notes I have to take with into the delivery room
- Get informed and buy a dryer
- Buy a folder for all the papers concerning the pregnancy/birth/baby
- Drive to IKEA and just look around, not on a Saturday and not with 1 Mio. people doing the same thing
- Buy things we are missing in our household
- Get informed about Baby’s insurance
- Wash the bathroom carpet
- Wash and dry the baby clothes and toys
- Clean the washing machine and the dishwasher
- Dust the high kitchen shelves (without falling)
- Go through my closet and throw out clothes I never wear
- Go through my bathroom shelves and through out the stuff I never use
- Clean the fridge and freezer
- Have a brunch and wellness day with my mom 🙂
- Make a cost calculation
- Drive to the urban district I love but haven’t been in ages
- Go out for breakfast, coffee and cake more
- Explore the city we live in
- Make a first-aid course for babies/kids
- Have a pedicure
- Make an appointment with my midwife
- Meet with friends and family
I’m starting my maternity leave at 32 weeks pregnant.
baby bump weeks 8 – 32
Now the belly I’ve had before pregnancy doesn’t seem so big anymore 🙂