Tags: france, sup, surfing, vacation
Back home from surfing in France. I’ll miss the beach and the Atlantic, I’m happy to be back home though as well and back with my family.
Somehow I always get the blues on vacation because I think I’ll miss something back home or that something has happened. Boo! Vacation is there to relax!
Surfing went well, again, my board was the prettiest on the whole beach 😉 It’s a pretty pink & white mini malibu from H.S.A.. This year we had quite a few days with no waves at all so we rented bikes on one day and a SUP the other day. Riding a SUP is ok, I can imagine it’s quite boring to do it NOT on the ocean but a lake.
I went “sea-shell-hunting” each morning and came back with a lot, but also with about 10kg of stones :). It’s like an addiction. I love finding sea shells (and pretty stones).
Bye bye beach, I can’t wait to find more sea-shells next year!
Food was great, we went out to eat three times, I had “moules” which are yum and a lot of wine. I also tried a lot of french pastries this year which are very yum!
Tags: goal, gym, surfing, vacation
Oh yeah! I can’t wait to be at the beach, surf a few waves, have sunshine and warm weather. After all the rain and coldness here I’m really really looking forward to this vacation!
A few days ago I had my first strength measurement. I gained a few kilos of strenght almost at every machine
- row: May 11: 29,4kg – Jun 28: 29,4kg = +0 kg 🙁
- ab crunch: May 11: 22,7kg – Jun 28: 26,7kg = +4 kg
- leg curl: May 11: 21,1kg – Jun 28: 29,4kg = +8,3 kg
- chest press: May 11: 23,9kg – Jun 28: 27,3kg = +3,4 kg
- back extension: May 11: 31kg – Jun 28: 44,3kg = +13,3 kg
- leg extension: May 11: 22,9kg – Jun 28: 32,3kg = +9,4 kg
- lat pull: May 11: 26kg – Jun 28: 32,7kg = +6,7 kg
- glutaeus: May 11: 16,4kg – Jun 28: 29,1kg = +12,7 kg
How motivating is that to see how you gain muscle?! VERY! I’m kinda happy with my first milestone I set myself, of course my belly fat is still there but I’m pretty sure it will take me months to get rid of that (IF I get rid of it).
I did reach most of the goals I set though:
My goals for each week:
work out at least 3 times during the week check – mon/tue/thu are my work-out days
work out 1 or 2 times on the weekend check
- cut down on sweets – not sure if I can check this 😉
on sundays, go to the gym in the morning before (the big) breakfast check – if I have nothing else planned
don’t pig out on weekends check
ride the bike to work as often as possible the days it didn’t rain and where it wasn’t freezing cold I took the bike
- get informed about
interval training and pre-/post-workout foods – need to check on the foods
in the strength circuit, increase weight every week or every two weeks increased
- at the gym after a working day, try to lose all the calories I’ve eaten up until the workout – nope, not possible when I only do strength training
I might take my running shoes and thera-bands with on vacation, maybe.
Tags: asparagus, barbell, dinner, Food, gnocchi, gym, quinoa, weather
Why do so many bloggers post their dinner? Maybe to have something to blog about, I don’t know.
Here’s our dinner we had tonight
Quinoa with Gnocchi (made in butter with sunflower and pumpkin seeds) and green asaparagus made in olive oil with garlic and onions. And herbs and spices. It was very yummy and the lover was proud he ate a dinner without meat.
Last week was a very hot one. Around 35° Celsius Monday to Thursday. At the gym I only made my strength circuit and on Friday I made some barbell training. Cardio I made by riding my bike to work every day (35km) or going jogging, although it was soo hot I didn’t even go jogging. It’s cooler now, it’s raining every now and again and it’s 20° Celsius colder than last week. I’ll go to the gym tomorrow morning again for a few hours. Can’t wait 🙂
Tags: Belly-Legs-Tushy, body pump, bodystyling, gym, month, step, strength training, trx, wbs, zumba
On May 13th I started my gym workout!
On May 11th I had my first supervised training with a coach!
On May 8th I joined the gym!
I’ve been to following group courses:
- Body Pump (strength)
- Bodystyling (strength)
- WBS (Pilates-Style, strength)
- Zumba (cardio)
- TRX (strength)
- Dance (cardio)
- Belly-Legs-Tushy (strength)
- Step (cardio)
My favorites are: Body Pump, TRX, Belly-Legs-Tushy and Step
Machines I use in the strength circuit (8 machines a 30 seconds a 20 reps, 2 rounds) :
- row: 14kg (started with 13kg) +1
- ab crunch: 14kg (started with 12kg) +2
- leg curl: 14kg (started with 10kg) +4
- chest press: 13kg (started with 11kg) +2
- back extension: 24kg (started with 16kg) +8
- leg extension: 11kg (started with 7kg) +4
- lat pull: 19kg (started with 10kg) +9
- glutaeus: 13kg (started with 11kg) +2
- hip abduction: 20kg
I feel good! I feel how my whole body is getting harder. My abs and especially my arms! I’m happy I joined, I’m really enjoying the gym, I never thought I would.
Tags: Belly-Legs-Tushy, gym, gymweek, Hip Abduction, jogging, strength training, trx
- 10:45 – 11:30: Belly-Legs-Tushy
- 11:30 – 11:35: Hip Abduction
- 11:40 – 12:04: Strength Circuit
- 12:05 – 12:20: TRX
- 14:00 – 14:35: 5km HIIT jog
Calories lost: 331 at the gym and 356 while jogging
Last week was busy, therefore I only went to the gym three times.
- Monday: 1,5 hours – Body Pump 50 min, Strength Circuit 24 min & 20 min HIIT Treadmill
- Tuesday: 2,5 hours – TRX 1 hour, Belly-Legs-Tushy 1 hour, Hip Abduction 10 min
- Sunday: 1,5 hours – Belly-Legs-Tushy, Hip Abduction, Strength Circuit, TRX
Sport I did outside the gym
- Thursday: 35km bike ride
- Sunday: 35 min jogging in the forest (5km)
Tags: Belly-Legs-Tushy, gym, Hip Abduction, trx
- 17:45 – 18:45: TRX
- 18:50 – 19:00: Hip Abduction
- 19:05 – 20:05: Belly-Legs-Tushy
I probably won’t be able to go to the gym the next days due to a busy personal schedule. I hope to be able to go on Thursday though, let’s see. Sunday, latest, I’ll be there again 🙂
TRX today – wow, how challenging. It was my first time doing something like that, the trainer was very helpful though and showed me how it’s done.